The Burst Roadmap describes the ideas and direction of the various teams that are currently involved in the development of Burst. The project plan is divided into near-term, mid-term and long-term project objectives.
Improved Smart Contracts (CIP-20)
- An extended BURST smart contract framework named “BlockTalk” is being developed mainly by jjos which aids in the creation and deployment of smart contracts via Java as simple and concise language, and a simple interface for deploying to the blockchain. It includes tools and code snippets to assist in the process, and helps manage the minimal fees involved with running smart contracts. To support also the upcoming development of smart contracts in the BURST environment an AT-fee CIP (CIP-20) was introduced by frank_the_tank, jjos and burstjack.
- All Roadmaps points reached –> see History
More exchange gateways
- Getting Burst listed on more exchanges and expanding the trading of Burst for fiat.
Development and Retail Adoption Bounty Programs
- To encourage adoption, the Burst Marketing Fund (BMF) has been organizing and already started rolling out various development and retail-related bounty programs.
- A bounty program has been started which rewards BURST for users who generate YouTube videos about Burst, its mining software, and tools.
- The Bi-Weekly Burst Report will continue to be published and produced under the flag of the Burst Alliance.
Wallet Auto-Updater and Multi-Signature Verification
- It is important that Burst nodes stay up to date, and that the process of software delivery be safeguarded against malicious actors or centralized authorities. An auto-update feature coupled with a multi-signature signing process helps ensure that Burst nodes remain up-to-date and secure.
New Features for Phoenix Desktop
- Phoenix Desktop has more new features planned, including a full node installer, web version, node rotator, customizable dashboards, and several feature enhancements.
- A decentralized exchange built using the improved smart contract solution currently in development.
- Redesign of the burst-coin.org website.
- Pushing community articles with paid advertising to reach a larger target audience.
- More Bounty Programs
- To further encourage adoption, the Burst Marketing Fund (BMF) will open new bounty programs and conduct hackathons.
- The combination of many technologies: tangles, lightning network, Proof-of-Capacity, ring signatures, zk-SNARKS in order to create a truly global, scalable and green cryptocurrency.
Wallet implementation in other languages
- Creating new wallet software written in languages other than Java, allowing better flexibility for the end user and potential performance gains.
- Large-scale promotional campaigns
- Creating/Increasing brand recognition via social media
Since 2014 with the Genesis Block of the Burst Blockchain many community members have contributed to this project.
The timeline highlights the most important improvements or events of recent years.